Amex Blue Cash Preferred. This card is arguably the best grocery store cash back card to have and one of the best overall cards to have for everyday use. Right now they’re offering a $350 sign up bonus.
6% cash back at super markets
6% cash back at select streaming services
3% cash back on transit(parking, tolls, ride share, subway)
3% cash back at US gas stations(Superstores, supermarkets, and warehouse clubs that sell gasoline are NOT considered gas stations)
1% on everything else
*All cash back is in the form of statement credit or gift cards*
- Earn $350 when you spend $3,000 in the first six months
- With card membership you can receive access to special Amex Offers Below is an example of deals on the offer portal
- If you refer friends you can earn $100 per referral, up to $550 per calendar year
- $95 annual free, NOT waived after first year
- Amex doesn’t count Target, Walmart or Costco as supermarkets, so you won’t get 6% back there
- Not all grocery chains accept American Express.
- 6% & 3% are only valid in the US
- $6,000 cap on grocery spending, 1% after that
How I Will Use this Card
This is definitely my go-to card for grocery trips and all streaming services. A nice hack for this card is you can use it to buy gift cards at grocery stores. For example, if you want to buy something on Amazon the trick would be to buy an Amazon gift card at a grocery store and get the 6% then use it to buy something from Amazon.